Sunday, February 22, 2009

Thank you Petaling Street

Today I managed to successfully negotiate with a used car dealer. Wahoo!

Hubby and I set a price that we wanted to pay (even though we would have paid the sticker price), and I wheeled and dealed until we actually got that price. It wasn't easy and the dealer didn't want to agree to my offer, but in the end I managed to get £500 off the listed price. YeeHAW!

It's not a done deal yet, but we've locked in the price and I'm very proud of myself. So, thank you to Petaling Street (a street in Kuala Lumpur where I watched my dad haggle with hard-headed watch sellers) and also thank you to various websites about negotiation and to my husband for his patience.

When/if we get the car, I'll post a picture.

In other news:
-- the nursery is coming along nicely. Neil has painted the walls, hung the blinds and laid most of the new floor.
-- the IKEA kitchen is arriving on Tuesday.
-- we're just back from a lovely trip to Tucson to celebrate my Grandma's 90th birthday, to meet my gorgeous second nephew Caleb and to see my mom's beautiful new house.
-- we have our first parenting class on Monday
-- I'm taking driving lessons and am scheduled for a British driving test in mid-April. I hope Baby doesn't come too early!

2 comments:

Steve_M said...

Well,there's not much going on in your life, is there?!?
Many grats on the new car.

alvinaling said...

I remember how great you were bargaining for our wonderful leather gloves in Italy! One of the best purchases I've ever made. :)